Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Like Mike

I have been thinking quite a bit lately about examples. I think for all kids that play sports there might be one or two athletes who you know you want to be like. In fact, oftentimes we hear the phrase for basketball "Like Mike". We all wanted to play like Michael Jordan, I mean he was the best basketball player ever, and he had his own shoe line. Pretty great, right? We had that example to look to of who we wanted to be!
Well, in the Gospel we have a perfect example. In the Book of Mormon, Jesus spoke saying, "..what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am." We can and should be constantly striving to be like He who died for our sins! In fact, as we do life will be even easier! For as He said, "...my yoke is easy and my burden is light." So let's change our phrase from "Like Mike" to "Like Christ". Let us ask ourselves "What would Jesus do?" As we do so we will be happy! Who doesn't want to be happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment